Director, Oncology Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
Precision Health AI (PH.AI) is developing the leading artificial intelligence (AI) platform for oncology built on deep clinical oncology data to enable the practice of precision medicine for better cancer patient care and to accelerate cancer-related drug development, trials, and real world evidence for the benefit of patients, oncologists, and the cancer care ecosystem. To learn more, visit www.precisionhealth.ai
As a healthcare technology company, PH.AI’s AI platform is trained specifically for oncology, leverages proprietary and unique data sources, and integrates seamlessly into the existing workflows of healthcare manufacturers, providers, and payers, with the goal of improving oncology outcomes. With the aid of its industry-leading AI platform, PH.AI analyzes large sets of cancer patient data from a variety of settings including observational studies, clinical trials, and real world evidence such as genomic sequencing data, EMR/EHR, and claims, to identify which treatments work for which cancer patients, why, in what context, and at what cost, with the goal of developing tailored treatment regimens for each patient. PHAI is unlocking the promise of precision medicine, one cancer patient at a time.
This position conducts and oversees HEOR studies using the consolidated Precision Health AI (PH.AI) oncology data resources including electronic medical/health records (EMR/EHR), claims data, patient-level genetic/molecular data, patient reported outcomes data, and other data sets acquired for use by PH.AI. Work is performed under the general direction of the Head of Strategy & Operations. This position involves informal supervisory responsibility that will vary on a project to project basis. The Director will be responsible for supervising Oncology HEOR Fellows.
- Develops study proposals, including project budget and timeline. Reviews study proposals for appropriateness of research design, sample size, and planned analysis.
- Reviews and revises study protocols for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Strategy & Operations, tracks study progress to ensure timely completion of project milestones. Resolves issues related to competing priorities among research staff including Oncology HEOR Fellows and other members of cross-functional teams including Data Science, Client Service, and Engineering
- Develops statistical analysis plans. Reviews analyses for adherence to planned statistical procedures. Reviews and revises written presentation of study findings. Conducts exploratory statistical analysis consistent with study aims.
- Discusses key study-related decisions with key members of the organization.
- Contributes to the development of internal methods, policies and procedures for conduct of HEOR research at PH.AI.
- Interacts internally with the Head of Strategy & Operations, Head of Business Development, and Head of Client Delivery regarding ongoing and planned research.
- Interacts externally with customers and industry representatives regarding existing, planned, or potential research.
- Communicates effectively with management and customers regarding overall project plans, project details, deadlines and priorities.
- Conducts telephone and face to face meetings with customers regarding study progress, interim findings, and development of deliverables.
- Develops drafts of abstracts, posters, final reports, and manuscripts, and assists in the development of these.
- Assists in the development of PH.AI staff through internal didactic presentations such as the weekly Journal Club.
- Follows company policy and procedures regarding quality assurance, data security, and the ethical conduct of research involving human subjects.
- Abides by the provisions of the HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in other projects as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Doctoral degree and 3 years related research experience, or Master’s degree and 12 years related research experience.
- Must have doctoral level understanding of scientific research processes, with concomitant understanding of data management and a range of statistical analysis methods.
- Knowledge of clinical trials research is helpful but not required.
- Must have familiarity with office productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word).
- Data and analytics nerd – you love data, love analyzing it, and even better, you love discovering novel insights from data
- Strong presentation and communication skills – superior writing ability is required
- Ultimate team player with a “team above self” attitude
- Quick learner that can develop expertise in new areas and data analysis tools quickly
- Self-starter that appreciates guidance, but does not need it to “get going”
- Problem solver that sees what’s possible not what’s impossible
- Tenacious in overcoming data challenges