Healthcare Data Analyst
Precision Health AI (PH.AI) is developing the leading artificial intelligence (AI) platform for oncology built on deep clinical oncology data to enable the practice of precision medicine for better cancer patient care and to accelerate cancer-related drug development, trials, and real world evidence for the benefit of patients, oncologists, and the cancer care ecosystem. To learn more, visit www.precisionhealth.ai
As a healthcare technology company, PH.AI’s AI platform is trained specifically for oncology, leverages proprietary and unique data sources, and integrates seamlessly into the existing workflows of healthcare manufacturers, providers, and payers, with the goal of improving oncology outcomes. With the aid of its industry-leading AI platform, PH.AI analyzes large sets of cancer patient data from a variety of settings including observational studies, clinical trials, and real world evidence such as genomic sequencing data, EMR/EHR, and claims, to identify which treatments work for which cancer patients, why, in what context, and at what cost, with the goal of developing tailored treatment regimens for each patient. PHAI is unlocking the promise of precision medicine, one cancer patient at a time.
As a healthcare analyst, your job will be to answer complex clinical questions using our real world data asset, and help data science and product ideate and iterate on new models and features. You will report to the head of data science and head of client services. This role requires a mix of clinical and technical skills, as it provides a bridge between engineering and data science, and is an entry point to services and R&D. The role involves designing data pipelines and dealing with clinical data structures (claims, EHR, etc) answering client driven analytical questions about different therapeutic areas and treatment modalities.
• Answer non-trivial question using SQL on our big data warehouse.
• Design dataflows, ETL logic, and new databases structures
• Interrogate databases to generate descriptive statistics and detect anomalies
• Design, build and test hypotheses for ad-hoc analytics, prototypes, and product ideas
• Support development and operations with qualitative and quantitative insights
• Support the client delivery team with analysis, reports, and dashboards
• Healthcare experience (familiarity with EHRs & claims, and ideally other sources as well)
• 3+ years experience with SQL
• 2+ years experience with a general programming language (python / R)
• Experience with data visualization (dashboards / graphing libraries
• Life-sciences education (Bsc, Ms, Phd)
• Experience in an engineering environment (working with developers, contributing production code is a plus)
• Client facing experience